The San Francisco Democratic Party is the official organization for Democrats in the City and County of San Francisco. With more than 250,000 members, we represent one of the most active community of Democrats in California.
Governed by the Democratic County Central Committee, the San Francisco Democratic Party has a permanent office in San Francisco's Financial District, a full-time staff, and hundreds of active volunteers.
We advance our goals through several ongoing programs:
- VOTER REGISTRATION. Throughout the year, the San Francisco Democratic Party works hard to register Democrats throughout the city and county. Our volunteer force registered over 4,000 new voters in 2014!
- VOTER OUTREACH. Our grassroots volunteers and activists reach out to local voters, providing information on endorsed candidates and motivating Democratic supporters to vote. We also coordinate with the state party to participate in important races near us. We generated over 20,000 calls in support of Congressman Ami Bera in his 2014 race, which came down to just over 3,000 votes and allowed us to keep a Democrat in this hotly contested seat.
- ENDORSEMENTS. The San Francisco Democratic Party makes endorsements for each election to inform Democratic voters about the candidates and ballot measures we consider most worthy of support.
- CHARTERED DEMOCRATIC CLUBS. A major component of San Francisco's grassroots organizing are Chartered Democratic clubs and organizations. There are currently over thirty Democratic clubs and organizations active in San Francisco.
- FUNDRAISING & INFRASTRUCTURE. The resources to accomplish our goals come from our local supporters in San Francisco. We raise funds to support our annual voter registration efforts and voter outreach efforts and to ensure that we have the resources necessary to elect Democrats at the local, state and national level.