Request for Proposals
August 28, 2019
Re: Slate Card Request for Proposal (RFP)
From: David Campos, San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee
On behalf of the San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee (SFDCCC), I am writing to solicit proposals for our slate card for the upcoming June election.
The SFDCCC is the governing body of the San Francisco Democratic Party. The SFDCCC represents a constituency that is as diverse as our City. Its volunteers, activists and elected officials hold a wide range of political opinions. Within our Party, we unite under our shared commitment to advance our Democratic values -- opportunity, fairness and responsibility-- locally, statewide and nationally.
The Slate Card
Print specifications for the SFDCCC slate card.
8.5 X14 post card. 1 design.
Print, 4 color process two sides (4/4).
Quantity 120,000 total pieces*
Paper, 9pt dull cover.
Mailing, The SFDCCC's slate card will drop in two (2) waves.
The first wave will target absentee voters (PAV's), and the second wave will target election-day voters.
* Quantity is for the RFP comparison only, final quantity subject to change based on data.
Scope of Work and Proposals
The SFDCCC is requesting proposals that cover all of the following four (4) areas below. The four areas for which proposals are sought are:
(1) Design of the slate card
(2) Data for the slate card
(3) Printing of the slate card
(4) Mailing of the slate card
The Selection Process
An interview or additional information may be required of any of the bidders. The SFDCCC reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Your proposal can be submitted in the following ways – via e-mail at [email protected] or five copies can be placed in a sealed envelope and delivered to: San Francisco Democratic Party, 100 Broadway, San Francisco, CA 94111. Proposals must be received no later than September 11, 2019. Any proposal received after that time will not be accepted. The SFDCCC expects to make its selection by September 25, 2019.
Content of Proposals
To be accepted for consideration, proposals must include the following information:
(1) Description of each one of the four areas for which the proposal is being submitted;
(2) Information on the vendor/consultant's background and experience;
(3) A list of previous clients of the vendor/consultant, including a list of references;
(4) The cost the vendor/consultant will charge the SFDCCC on a per piece basis;
(5) Whether the vendor/consultant is registered or certified with the SF Office of Contract Administration (OCA) as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) or a Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE);
(6) Whether the vendor/consultant is a Disabled-owned Business Enterprise (DBE) as defined by the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. Chapter 126, Section 12102; and
(7) The address of the vendor/consultant's principal place of business.
The SFDCCC invites bidders to submit statements or policies regarding diversity and affirmative action in their workforce and/or ownership. Consideration will be provided to the issue of diversity. In addition, all bidders should know that any contract with the SFDCCC will include the following language:
"Contractor will not discriminate in employment on the ground or because of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS-related condition (ARC). Contractor will also not discriminate in providing domestic partner benefits. For purposes of implementing this statement, the SFDCCC incorporates any and all definitions and exceptions that appear in Article 12D of the Administrative Code of the San Francisco City Charter. And Contractor agrees not to engage in any activity which denigrates, undermines or reduces the effectiveness of the official slate card of the SFDCCC including, but not limited to, participating in the production of a slate card designed to look like the official slate card which supports positions different from the SFDCCC’s positions."
Vendors/consultant(s) submitting bids for printing of the slate card should know that only union shops will be considered. Please list your San Francisco clients as required by the Ethics Commission.
Finally, whenever possible, the SFDCCC shall consider the lowest bid.